Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Poppin" up some birthday fun!

For my daughter's birthday this year we celebrated at the movie theater. What better treat to have than a tub of popcorn! This tub of popcorn was not ordinary though, it was a cake! I made a red velvet cake with a cream cheese filling. I decorated the sides to look like a popcorn tub and then topped it with my very own buttered popcorn...(marshmallows) The kids loved it and it was the perfect centerpiece.

These are the popcorn cupcakes that I made and sent with her to school on her birthday. I wanted to practice making the popcorn before making the cake. They loved it!

All the little girls love Tinkerbell. I made this cute cake for a sweet friend of mine's little girl. It was a chocolate cake with buttercream icing. Have I mentioned that I love making cute children's cakes? :-)


This cake was one my husband and I worked together on back in the summer. It was quite the challenge, but something we wanted to try. We were going for the "real tree" camo look, and felt we accomplished it pretty well.



1 comment: